European Competition '18
This year’s European Competition, which is yet again marked by the bar set very high, will feature 24 productions by filmmakers from 17 countries. The films were all finished between 2017 and 2018. The films’ diverse themes reflect the multi-layered issues of today’s world. All of the titles deserve attention. They are unique, bold in their content, and often cross the boundaries of classic documentary cinema. As always, screenings of the competition films will be followed by discussions with their authors, which is a constant element of the festival. A direct meeting between viewer and director is always an intellectually stimulating experience. The competition includes four German and French films, three productions from Poland, two from Spain, Belgium, Latvia, Austria, and the UK as well as one from Italy, and Iceland. There will also be a co-production, which includes Mexico, Iran, Georgia, Russia, Cyprus, Serbia, and China.
- 28.10.2018, 17:30 - 02.10.2018, 19:30, Kino Zamek, European Competition - block V
- 28.10.2018, 15:00 - 02.10.2018, 17:00, Kino Zamek, European Competition - block IV
- 27.10.2018, 17:30 - 19:30, Kino Zamek, European Competition - block III
- 27.10.2018, 15:00 - 17:00, Kino Zamek, European Competition - block II
- 26.10.2018, 17:30 - 19:30, Kino Zamek, European Competition - block I